By Nathan Carlin,Donald Capps
This booklet sums up a hundred of years of analysis into the research of happiness—from nineteenth century medical insights at the topic to the pop psychology views of modern day America.
• Concise summaries of vintage debates at the which means of happiness
• An exam of cultural and person trust structures relating to happiness
Read Online or Download 100 Years of Happiness: Insights and Findings from the Experts (Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality) PDF
Similar social psychology & interactions books
Interpreting the function of reminiscence within the transition from totalitarian to democratic structures, this booklet makes a huge contribution to reminiscence reviews. It explores reminiscence as a medium of and obstacle to change, looking at memory's organic, cultural, narrative and socio-psychological dimensions.
'This is an incredibly attention-grabbing booklet which succeeds in combining erudition with nice readability, recognize of culture with a clean look for new views. .. it's also a e-book which sums up the paintings performed in Italy and in France and infrequently overlooked by way of the Anglo-Saxon workforce analyst. according to such paintings it hyperlinks Freud, Bion and Foulkes inside of a bunch point of view.
Inside of a couple of brief years, study on counterfactual pondering has mushroomed, constructing itself as one of many signature domain names inside social psychology. Counterfactuals are recommendations of what could have been, of attainable previous results which could have taken position. Counterfactuals and their implications for perceptions of time and causality have lengthy interested philosophers, yet just recently have social psychologists made them the point of interest of empirical inquiry.
Increasingly more folks are picking to dwell within the man-made surroundings of town. The mismatch among this man made global and our nature-starved souls can give a contribution to the stresses of urban dwelling in a fashion that's slightly spotted – yet is crucially vital. What does the technology of architectural psychology let us know approximately how the area of brick and urban impacts how we predict, suppose and behave?
- Racial Sensitivity and Multicultural Training (Contributions in Psychology,)
- The Oxford Handbook of Women and Competition (Oxford Library of Psychology)
- Der Warenkörper: Zur Sozialpsychologie der Medizin (German Edition)
- Persuasão e Mentiras 3 livros em 1: Persuasão usando métodos cientificamente comprobados + Persuasão usando padrões de linguagem e técnicas de PNL +Como ... da linguagem corporal (Portuguese Edition)
- Psicología social del trabajo (Spanish Edition)
- Support Processes in Intimate Relationships
Additional info for 100 Years of Happiness: Insights and Findings from the Experts (Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality)
100 Years of Happiness: Insights and Findings from the Experts (Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality) by Nathan Carlin,Donald Capps